Introduction to Computer Networks for Non-Techies
You save 89% -
104 Lessons (7h)
- Section 1: Course Introduction
- Section 2: Overview and Benefits of Computer Networks
- Section 3: How Computer Networks Work
- Section 4: Network Topologies
- Section 5: Networking Devices
- Section 6: Network Cabling
- Section 7: The OSI Model
- Section 8: Planning a Network
- Section 9: Introduction to TCP/IP
- Section 10: TCP/IP Network Layer Protocols
- Section 11: TCP/IP Transport Layer Protocols
- Section 12: Common TCP/IP Application Layer Protocols
- Section 13: Computer Networking Ports
- Section 14: IP Addressing
- Section 15: Introduction to Subnetting
- Section 16: Designing a Network
- Section 17: Follow-Along Case Study Network Design Scenarios
- Section 18: Congratulations!
Take the Confusion Out of Computer Networking & Put Yourself Ahead of Your Peers
InstructorAlton Hardin is an educator, poker coach, self-published & best-selling author, and full-time IT and Business professional. Alton is the founder of MicroGrinder Poker School and the best-selling author of Essential Poker Math for No Limit Holdem; moreover, he is the creator of numerous online poker courses. Alton has been playing poker for over a decade both live and online. He helped pay his way through college playing live low stakes games in the early 2000's. Today, Alton enjoys playing the micro stakes for enjoyment and a teaching instrument, where he has racked up over $1,000 in earnings playing mainly 5nl & 10nl.
Outside of poker, Alton is a full-time business and IT professional, where he works in the field of cyber security. He has earned two graduate degrees, an M.B.A. and M.S. in IT Network Management; moreover, he currently holds multiple IT industry certifications.
Alton also has a fond love for teaching. As an undergraduate he group tutored chemistry students and as a graduate student he taught a GMAT prep course. Upon graduating from his MBA program, he began teaching as an adjunct professional for the School of Business & Public Administration at his local state university in the field of Information Systems and IT Management.
- Unredeemed licenses can be returned for store credit within 30 days of purchase. Once your license is redeemed, all sales are final.